If you want to be a Bail Bond Agent, it is important to know the process so that you know the steps to complete the process. You will need to first apply for it, complete the procedure, finish the training and education required of it, fulfill the fees and then get licensed.
Breaking down the requirements
This list will help you get a gist of the requirements needed so you can be one of the agents for warren county bail bonds.
· Applicants have to be at least 18 years old
· Local resident
· At least 12 hours of pre-licensing classroom learning
· At least 6 hours of continuing learning before renewing the license
· Submission of Application
· A $1,000 bond, duly recognized by a surety insurer or a representative thereof
· A list of Forms for Filing which you will be filling up when there are bails to be posted for your arrestees.
· Submission of fingerprints
· License and examination fee
· Pass the exams
How do bailing bonds work?
In the US, when a person is apprehended, they are usually provided with a right to bail until such time that the arrested individual appears in court. While some can afford to pay the required amount, some are unable to post it due to a number of reasons such as poor family background. In such cases, the family members look for a bail bonds agent to pay for the bail. The money is forfeited when that person does not attend the court date.
If in any case, the arrested individual goes missing and is unable to attend the court date and future reschedules, then the bail bonds agent will get their bounty hunters to locate the individual.